Systemic Family Constellation
In its simplest terms, the Systemic Family Constellation approach views people as being embedded in, and influenced by larger systems, including but not limited to the family.
An unconscious love and loyalty to our family system can cause us to unwittingly carry on the fate, secret agonies, and unresolved traumas of previous generations. These issues can remain energetically present and entangle us, our children, and our grandchildren, until the issue is cleared. This is at the root of many of our current, resistant-to-change issues and is the profound contribution of this model.
Whom it can Help
Family Constellation Workshops can be helpful for those struggling with:
- Relationship issues
- Mental Health issues such as anxiety, depression, and addictions
- Unresolved childhood pain and trauma
- Painful life issues that are resistant to change, such as divorce and bankruptcy
- Persistent physical health problems such as chronic pain syndromes, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, cancer, chronic diseases, autism and many more
- Families and corporations
We have found that intervention at a systemic level often moves our clients to the next step. It has been estimated that approximately 70 percent of the issues we face may have a systemic factor in their origin. Sometimes we have to do more than just detoxify, eat appropriately, and reduce stress. Approaching our health issues from this level can have profound effects on our health challenges.
- Where Germans Make Peace with Their Dead (.pdf)
- Relationship of Childhood Abuse and Household Dysfuntction to Many of the Leading Causes of Death in Adults (.pdf)
- An Innovative Systemic Phenomenological Group Process from Germany (.pdf)
- Our Families, Our Selves (.pdf)
- The Secret Language of Fear (.pdf)
What happens in a constellation?
In a constellation, the working participant selects from the audience representatives for him/herself and various family members. These representatives soon start to think, feel, and act as if they were the person they were representing, demonstrating with great accuracy the dynamics within the family system.
The therapist works with the representatives to re-establish order, acknowledge those who have been forgotten and see what has remained hidden or secret. Dialogues emerge which are deeply healing and empowering, creating greater love, compassion and harmony between all present. The net outcome is often an increased flow of love and compassion between actual family members.
"Your health and happiness are your most valuable assets. Make sure they are protected"
Dr. Bruce Hoffman