- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 pastured eggs
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp Ceylon cinnamon, plus 1 tsp for garnishing
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil – melted
- 1 -1/2 cups cassava flour
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine banana, pumpkin puree, eggs, dates, coconut oil, vanilla, sea salt, and spices. Blend until pureed.
- Add cassava flour and process until combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour batter and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 45-55 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cassava is a very nutrient dense, starchy root that is rich in fibre and resistant starch – an excellent food for our microbiome. Cassava may contribute four times less digestible sugar, and up to 16 times more fibre, giving it a lower glycemic load than many grains.
This food has been historically eaten in many developing countries, but has become a popular stable in homes that follow a grain free lifestyle.
Justine Stenger received her degree from the University of Alberta in Nutrition and Physical education. She proceeded to pursue a Holistic Nutrition/Therapeutic Chef certification from Bauman College. Justine has completed her Functional Medicine training through the Institute for Functional Medicine and is a Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine. Justine is a trained Bredesen (RECODE) practitioner and specializes in cell membrane medicine, and works primarily with patients who suffer with neurological conditions, mast cell activation syndrome, Lyme disease, and autoimmune disease.
Justine has worked beside Dr. Bruce Hoffman for the past 10 years and has supported hundreds of Dr Hoffman’s chronic, complex illness patients nutritionally.
University Of Alberta – Nutrition & Physical Education , IFM – Functional Medicine Trained, IFM -Bredesen Practitioner, The dr.Com -Certified Gluten Practitioner, Bauman College – Holistic Nutrition & Certified Therapeutic Chef, Institute For Functional Medicine – Certified Health Coach