This recipe was originally authored and published by Genevieve St-Cyr .
Soups have magical healing powers.
They are very easy to digest, have a wonderful warming quality and are very nutritious.
For extra healing power, I recommend making your own bone broth.
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT BONE BROTH?
- Excellent source of minerals, like calcium and magnesium
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves digestion (it’s one of the best things you can do to heal your gut).
- It’s delicious!
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 big carrots, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth (preferably home-made)
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk (full fat) or cream
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the garlic and olive oil until warm.
- Add the carrots, cinnamon and nutmeg, and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring the mixture frequently.
- Add the broth and bring the soup to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer, partially covered, for about 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Blend the mixture with a stand mixer or in the blender.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
If serving immediately, return the soup to a burner set on low heat until warm. Serve and enjoy!
Pro Tip: Double the recipe and keep some in the freezer for those days when you don’t feel like cooking.