- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 cup raw pistachio’s
- 1/2 bunch cilantro plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt – divided
- 2 lbs ground chicken thighs
- 1 leek, half moon sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay mushrooms on the tray. Cover with ghee and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20-25 min or until done. When done, set aside.
- Add pistachio’s, garlic and 1/2 sea salt to the food processor. Process until you reach a flour consistency. Add cilantro, lemon juice and olive oil. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Add ground chicken and leek to a saucepan and cook until done. Remove from heat and add pesto and fold until incorporated.
- Stuff chicken inside mushrooms and top with green onion and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Pistachio’s are one of your richest B6 foods on the planet. B6 is required for many functions within the body like formation of hemoglobin, supporting blood sugar regulation, homocysteine recycling, and so much more. Pistachio’s are also rich in antioxidants that have been shown to help protect against chronic illness like cancer and neurodegenerative disease. You can eat this meal knowing you are supporting many levels of health!
Justine Stenger received her degree from the University of Alberta in Nutrition and Physical education. She proceeded to pursue a Holistic Nutrition/Therapeutic Chef certification from Bauman College. Justine has completed her Functional Medicine training through the Institute for Functional Medicine and is a Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine. Justine is a trained Bredesen (RECODE) practitioner and specializes in cell membrane medicine, and works primarily with patients who suffer with neurological conditions, mast cell activation syndrome, Lyme disease, and autoimmune disease.
Justine has worked beside Dr. Bruce Hoffman for the past 10 years and has supported hundreds of Dr Hoffman’s chronic, complex illness patients nutritionally.
University Of Alberta – Nutrition & Physical Education , IFM – Functional Medicine Trained, IFM -Bredesen Practitioner, The dr.Com -Certified Gluten Practitioner, Bauman College – Holistic Nutrition & Certified Therapeutic Chef, Institute For Functional Medicine – Certified Health Coach