Yield – 6 litres
- 3 Tbsp freshly minced ginger
- 1 leek, half moon sliced
- 3.5 litres homemade chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp mild yellow curry powder (use AIP friendly curry powder if following AIP)
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup organic cashews or macadamia nuts, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1 medium sized Hokkaido squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 large organic carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup radish micro-greens
- Gather a large soup pot and add a small amount of broth. Next, add the leeks, ginger, and yellow curry powder. Sauté for a few minutes and next add your cubed squash, carrots, celery, and sea salt.
- Cover with broth and simmer for 40-45 min or until vegetables are tender.
- When your vegetables are tender, remove from heat and add the macadamia nuts or cashews and fresh cilantro.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Transfer into serving bowls and top with radish micro-greens.
Blue Hoddaido squash is a nutrition powerhouse. This orange fleshed squash contains high levels of beta-carotene, a secondary plant substance that is thought to have protective antioxidant effects. Hokkaido squash also contains vitamin A, C, and E, and is rich in minerals like magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Another wonderful quality of this nutrient dense food is that it contains large amounts of dietary fiber.
Justine Stenger received her degree from the University of Alberta in Nutrition and Physical education. She proceeded to pursue a Holistic Nutrition/Therapeutic Chef certification from Bauman College. Justine has completed her Functional Medicine training through the Institute for Functional Medicine and is a Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine. Justine is a trained Bredesen (RECODE) practitioner and specializes in cell membrane medicine, and works primarily with patients who suffer with neurological conditions, mast cell activation syndrome, Lyme disease, and autoimmune disease.
Justine has worked beside Dr. Bruce Hoffman for the past 10 years and has supported hundreds of Dr Hoffman’s chronic, complex illness patients nutritionally.
University Of Alberta – Nutrition & Physical Education , IFM – Functional Medicine Trained, IFM -Bredesen Practitioner, The dr.Com -Certified Gluten Practitioner, Bauman College – Holistic Nutrition & Certified Therapeutic Chef, Institute For Functional Medicine – Certified Health Coach