Yield- 1 large loaf
- 8 ripe bananas
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond butter
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Ottos Cassava flour ( this brand is not fermented)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Peel bananas and add to your food processor along with your dates, almond butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt. Puree until completely smooth. Add cassava flour and chopped almonds if using. Pulse until flour and almonds are combined.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and pour batter into your pan, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 50-60 min or until done. Let bread cool before slicing.
Dates are a delicious indulgence that have enormous health benefits. Dates are an excellent source of minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese. Even though dates are incredibly sweet and decadent, they are rich in fibre and are considered a low glycemic index food, making them an ideal sweetener of choice for anyone who struggles with balancing blood sugar levels.
Justine Stenger studied nutrition and physical education at the University Of Alberta. She graduated in 2008 and went on to complete a Holistic Nutrition and Therapeutic Chef Certification at Bauman College in Boulder, Colorado. She has completed her Functional Medicine training with The Institute For Functional Medicine, is a Bredesen Trained Practitioner, GAPS Practitioner, Certified Gluten Practitioner, and is a Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach through The Institute For Functional Medicine.