Yield- 1 large loaf
- 8 ripe bananas
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond butter
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Ottos Cassava flour ( this brand is not fermented)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Peel bananas and add to your food processor along with your dates, almond butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt. Puree until completely smooth. Add cassava flour and chopped almonds if using. Pulse until flour and almonds are combined.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and pour batter into your pan, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 50-60 min or until done. Let bread cool before slicing.
Dates are a delicious indulgence that have enormous health benefits. Dates are an excellent source of minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese. Even though dates are incredibly sweet and decadent, they are rich in fibre and are considered a low glycemic index food, making them an ideal sweetener of choice for anyone who struggles with balancing blood sugar levels.
Justine Stenger received her degree from the University of Alberta in Nutrition and Physical education. She proceeded to pursue a Holistic Nutrition/Therapeutic Chef certification from Bauman College. Justine has completed her Functional Medicine training through the Institute for Functional Medicine and is a Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach, certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine. Justine is a trained Bredesen (RECODE) practitioner and specializes in cell membrane medicine, and works primarily with patients who suffer with neurological conditions, mast cell activation syndrome, Lyme disease, and autoimmune disease.
Justine has worked beside Dr. Bruce Hoffman for the past 10 years and has supported hundreds of Dr Hoffman’s chronic, complex illness patients nutritionally.
University Of Alberta – Nutrition & Physical Education , IFM – Functional Medicine Trained, IFM -Bredesen Practitioner, The dr.Com -Certified Gluten Practitioner, Bauman College – Holistic Nutrition & Certified Therapeutic Chef, Institute For Functional Medicine – Certified Health Coach
2 thoughts on “Banana Almond Bread”
Sounds like great recipe!
Can’t wait to try it.👍