Dr. Bruce Hoffman
MSc, MBChB, FAARFM, IFMCP
Dr. Hoffman is board-certified and has a fellowship in anti-aging medicine as well as Master’s degree in clinical nutrition. He is also a certified functional medicine practitioner. In addition to his clinical training, Dr. Hoffman has studied with many of the leading mind-body and spiritual healers of our times, including Deepak Chopra, Paul Lowe, Osho, Ramesh Balsekar, and Jon Kabat-Zinn. He has shared the stage with Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. John F. Demartini, and he continues to spread his inspiring vision of healing and wellness with audiences and patients around the world.
Who is Dr. Bruce Hoffman?
Bruce Hoffman did not choose the Medical Arts as a vocation. Originally, he wanted to be a writer and poet. His interest in health and healing developed later in life, after a long and winding road of self-discovery, life experience, and learning. He only applied to medical school, so he could complete a residency in psychiatry and subsequently study Jungian analysis to understand the human condition and behavior. As life would have it, his destiny took him on a different journey. He never did formally pursue a psychiatry residency or Jungian Analytic Training, but his love for art, poetry, and psychology remain.
Dr. Hoffman was born and educated in South Africa and obtained his medical degree from the University of Cape Town. After two years of compulsory military training, his distaste for the local regime convinced him to emigrate to Canada in 1986 where he pursued family medical practice in rural Saskatchewan, Canada.
Once ensconced in the practice of family medicine, he quickly realized that his interests in medicine were broader than just drugs and surgery. The allopathic medical practice was limited to treating symptoms and illnesses but failed short in restoring the patient’s health entirely.
Bruce embarked on a journey to understand what constitutes the human experience, what are the triggers and mediators that perpetuate human suffering. He wanted to assist his patients not only to be free of disease but to realize their maximum potential.
Dr. Hoffman is board-certified and has a fellowship in anti-aging medicine as well as Master’s degree in clinical nutrition. He is also a certified functional medicine practitioner and a certified Shoemaker mold practitioner. In addition to his clinical training, Dr. Hoffman has studied with many of the leading mind-body and spiritual healers of our times, including Deepak Chopra, Paul Lowe, Osho, Ramesh Balsekar, and Jon Kabat-Zinn. He has shared the stage with Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. John F. Demartini, and he continues to spread his inspiring vision of healing and wellness with audiences and patients around the world.
- Dr. Hoffman is a certified Functional Medicine practitioner (IFM).
- Dr. Hoffman is board certified in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (A4M).
- Dr. Hoffman is a certified Dr. Shoemaker Mold Treatment Protocol Practitioner which falls under the umbrella of Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS). At present, Dr. Hoffman is the only Canadian medical doctor trained and qualified in CIRS approach to chronic illness.
- 2020 - Dr Hoffman co-authored with Dr Lawrence Afrin, the paper: Diagnosis of mast cell activation syndrome: a global “consensus-2”
- Dr. Hoffman completed training in the treatment of Lyme disease and other tick-borne co-infections (ILADS).
- Dr. Hoffman is the medical director of the Brain Treatment Centre of Alberta, utilizing QEEG and neuro and biofeedback practices to treat brain disorders.
- 2011 – Master’s Degree in Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine – University of South Florida
- 2011 – Prolotherapy Training – Hackett Hemwall Foundation
- 2010 – Family Constellation Training with Mark Wolynn
- 2008 – Fellowship in Anti-Aging, Functional and Regenerative Medicine
- 2008 – Board Certification Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- 2006 – Prolotherapy Training – Madison, Wisconsin
- 2005 – Defeat Autism Now Training – Long Beach, California
- 2005 – Family Constellation Certification – Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
- 2004 – Neural Therapy Training – Dr. Klinghardt, Seattle
- 2003 – Functional Medicine Training – Gig Harbor Washington
- 2003 – Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner – Bastyr Naturopathic University
- 1998 – Primordial Sound Meditation Instructor – Chopra Centre
- 1998 – Creating Health Educator – Chopra Centre
- 1995 – Magic of Healing Educator – Chopra Center -1-year training
- 1993 – Acupuncture with Dr. Stephen Aung – Edmonton – 1-year training
- 1993 – American Board of Chelation Therapy ACAM
- 1993 – Traditional Chinese Medicine & Herbology – 1 ½ year training
- 1992 – Hellerwork Structural Integration Bodywork – 1-year training
- 1990 – American Academy of Medical Acupuncture – 1-year training
- 1981 – MBCHB – Medical Degree from the University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa
As one of North America’s leading integrative doctors, he has studied most of the major disciplines in the broad scope of Integrative Medicine. His advanced training includes:
- Master's Degree in Clinical Nutrition
- Certified Practitioner with the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Board Certified by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Fellowship in Anti-Aging, Regenerative and Anti-Aging Medicine- 2009
- Ayurvedic Medicine – studied with Dr. Deepak Chopra and Ayu Academy, Bastyr University, Seattle
- Bert Hellinger’s Family Constellation Therapy
- Chelation Therapy
- Functional Medicine
- German Biological Medicine with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
- Hellerwork (deep tissue massage) with Joseph Heller
- Intravenous Nutriceutical Therapies
- Meditation and the principles of mind-body medicine with Dr. Deepak Chopra and David Simon
- Neural Therapy
- Nutritional and Orthomolecular Medicine
- The Demartini Method / Quantum Collapse Process with Dr. John F. Demartini
- Mindfulness Meditation – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (herbology and acupuncture) with Dr. Stephen Aung and Dr. Joseph Helms
Podcast, Summit and Media Appearances
- January 19, 2022 - A Holistic Approach to Complex and Chronic Illness - Voice America
- March 31, 2021 - MIND/WAVE #8 - “Practicing The Medical Arts” w/ Dr. Bruce Hoffman - Artist Decoded Podcast
- November 21, 2020 - Heal Your Chronic Illness and Take Your Life Back: How to Balance Your Mind, Body, and Spirit to Improve Your Health and Restore Your Vitality - Summit
- October 15, 2020 - The Crohn's and Colitis Empowerment: The Seven Stages of Health & Transformation™ - The Crohn's and Colitis Summit
- October 4, 2020 - Integration of Complex Systems Into a Structured and Staged Diagnostic and Treatment Approach - ISEAI 2020 Conference Day 3
- August 11, 2020 - Understanding symptoms and treating the whole person - Looking at Lyme Podcast
- December 12, 2019 - Mast Cell Activation Syndrome with Dr. Bruce Hoffman - Functional Medicine Research with Dr. Nikolas Hedberg Podcast
- November 7, 2019 - Healing Wisdom with Dr. Bruce Hoffman - WOMR Podcasts
"Your health and happiness are your most valuable assets. Make sure they are protected"
Dr. Bruce Hoffman